As one of the positive results of our connection to AIEP, l’Association Internationale d’Études Patristiques, we are pleased being able to share with you the following information promoted by both our organizations. It is a list comprising important events related to the field of Patristic Studies that will take place during the first half of 2016:
1) The panel ‘The Emperor Julian', sponsored by the Society for Late Antiquity, will form part of the 2016 meeting of the Society for Classical Studies (formerly the American Philological Association), to take place in San Francisco between 7 and 10 January 2016. For information, click here.
2) On the occasion of the 1600 years after the promulgation of Pope Innocent I ’s Decretal Letter to Decentius, bishop of Gubbio (19 March 416), the Pontifical University of St. Anselm in collaboration with the Diocese of Gubbio, is organizing a study day on 18 March 2016. The deadline for proposals is 10 October 2015. For information, follow the link.
3) The Department of Church History at the University of the Holy Cross, in collaboration with the University San Pablo CEU in Madrid, will organize the seventeenth Conference of the Faculty of Theology on the topic "Higher education in Church History: schools, teachers, methods ". The purpose of the meeting is to reflect on the relationship between Church and higher education on the basis of the study of some of the forms that this relationship has had along history. The conference will take place from 9 to 10 March 2016 in the Aula Magna of the Palazzo dell'Apollinare, where the University is situated, near Piazza Navona. All those who wish to participate with a communication (15 minutes) should send the title, along with a summary (150 words) and a short CV, by January 31, at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
4) The John Paul II Catholic University of Lublin and the Polish Patristic Section are organizing an international conference on the theme 'The Church Fathers in the polemics against heresies' on 17-19 May 2016. The deadline for the submission of abstracts is 31 October 2015. For more information, click here.
5) The XVIII International Conference on Greek, Roman and Byzantine Studies will be held in Lisbon, Portugal, from 13th to 14th June in 2016. The deadline for proposals is 14 October 2015. For information, go here.
6) The Archdiocese of Tucumán, Argentina together with the National University of Tucumán is organizing the I Congreso Teológico Tucumán: "Eucaristía, del Mysterio de Cristo al Misterio del hombre-Dios" to be held 13-15 June 2016. For more information, go here.