CALL FOR PAPERS
The Centre for Classical Studies at the Institute for Philological Research (IIFL), and the Classics Programme at the Faculty of Philosophy and Literature (FFyL) of the National Autonomous University of Mexico (UNAM) cordially invite all professors, PhD students and qualified scholars in Classical Studies and the Classical Tradition to participate in the 4th International Conference on Classical Studies in Mexico. The event will be held at the main University campus in Mexico City. The purpose of this Conference is to study the Greek and Roman cultures and their legacy within the Western civilization.
Proposals on any of the following themes are welcome:
1) Philology and Linguistics
3) Myth and Religion
4) Scientific Principles and Methods
5) Classical Studies in the Social Sciences
6) Classical Studies in the Arts
Within the framework of the Conference five colloquies will take place:
1) Classical Theater
2) Ancient Philosophy
3) Rhetoric and Poetics
4) Law in the Ancient World
5) Teaching of Classical Humanities
Participation in the Conference will comprise keynote lectures, plenary sessions and panels on specific themes. The latter will be programmed according to the submitted proposals, which will abide by the following guidelines:
1) Papers may be individual or collaborative.
2) Papers should contain original and unpublished material in any of the following languages: Spanish, English, French, Italian, Portuguese or German.
3) The title and the abstract of the papers must be sent by e-mail (email@example.com) in the language in which the paper will be delivered. The expected abstract length is from 250 to 300 words. Proposals must be submitted in Word format as a .doc document, written in font Times New Roman 12 pt. (for Greek text please use a UNICODE font) and must contain the contributor’s name, institutional address, telephone/fax numbers and e-mail address.
4) The allotted time for each paper is 20 min. No exceptions.
5) The deadline for submission of abstracts is 30th April, 2014.
6) The Organizing Committee will acknowledge receipt of all proposals.
7) Contributors whose abstracts have been accepted will be notified by e-mail no later than 31st July, 2014.
8) The registration fee will be $ 200.00 US Dollars.
9) Attendance to all sessions will be free. With exemption to UNAM matriculated students, those who may require an attendance certificate will be required to pay $20.00 US Dollars.
All accepted lectures and papers may be included in any of the publications of the Institute for Philological Research, subject to previous approval of the Conference Editorial Board.
Unexpected issues will be taken care of, on a case by case basis, by the Organizing Committee.
Additional information about the Conference will be provided through the Institute for Philological Research’s web page (http://www.filologicas.unam.mx).
Dra. Aurelia Vargas Valencia, Directora del Instituto de Investigaciones Filológicas
Dra. Gloria Villegas Moreno, Directora de la Facultad de Filosofía y Letras
Dra. Martha E. Montemayor Aceves, Coordinadora, Centro de Estudios Clásicos, IIFL
Mtra. Patricia Villaseñor Cuspinera, Coordinadora, Colegio de Letras Clásicas, FFyL
Dr. David García Pérez, Centro de Estudios Clásicos, IIFL
Dr. Germán Viveros Maldonado, Centro de Estudios Clásicos, IIFL
Mtro. José David Becerra Islas, Colegio de Letras Clásicas, FFyL
Dra. Carolina Ponce Hernández, Colegio de Letras Clásicas, FFyL
Dr. Omar Álvarez Salas, Presidente, Asociación Mexicana de Estudios Clásicos, AMEC
UNIVERSIDAD NACIONAL AUTÓNOMA DE MÉXICO
INSTITUTO DE INVESTIGACIONES FILOLÓGICAS
Centro de Estudios Clásicos
Circuito Mario de la Cueva, Ciudad Universitaria
Delegación Coyoacán, 04510 México, D.F.
Tel./Fax: (+52) (55) 5622-7488
Página WEB: http://www.iifilologicas.unam.mxCorreo electrónico: firstname.lastname@example.org